Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dark Knight metaphor: A preview



The above is a trailer for 'The Dark Knight'. The new Batman movie.

I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. But its brilliant. One of the best films I've ever seen and from Heath Ledger a phenomenal performance on screen. Tragic that he didn't live to witness it in full.

Its amazing how God can speak when you least expect it, and how you can have a spiritual experience without any mention of God. This is what happened when I saw it.

I would love to elaborate on exactly what He said, but that would spoil it for everyone as it kinda involves giving a bit of the story away.

I am going away for a week, but when I get back more of you will have seen it, and I will post on the film. I will try not to give too much away even then, but it will be easier when more of you have seen it.

I think its brilliant. Its two and a half hours long, but you barely notice it. It taps into all of our dark sides. Its in no way a comedy, but plays on a sadistic humour that many of us don't often acknowledge. It has incredible metaphors tied up inside it if you're open to them.

So I'll be back in a week or two and will explain all. In the meantime, go watch it. If you've got any doubts, watch the trailer.